Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Indoor Files, Volume One

Hey all (three of you? Four, maybe?),

While you were out in the sun perfecting the running throw to first base from short, I was sitting inside selling comic books.

"Wow, that sounds pretty radical!" the hypothetical crowd responds. "You sell comic books?"

Well, yeah, but that's not the point. It took a herculean effort of willpower to keep myself from tossing a pristine stack of Dark Avengers #2 in the air, effectively turning it into a glorious pile of makeshift ticker-tape confetti, joyfully bounding out the antiquated wooden doorway until reaching that great shrine--no! Mecca--to the perfect Sunday afternoon known as Tommy Lasorda Field of Dreams. It was harder than kicking my opium habit a few years back, that's for sure.

It is my hope that these short profiles in wont and desire will ease my suffering the next few weeks as I finish up my current occupation, thereby making my glorious return to the playing diamond all the sweeter. Indulge me, fair readers, as I use this outlet to stymie the reasonable urges of a man possessed to play some alcohol-influenced, four outfielder-altered motherfuckin' softball.

Best,

Evan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Evan writes better posts than me. We missed you dude!